<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\07513898080\46blogName\75Yeah,+so+I\47m...\46publishMode\75PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\46navbarType\75SILVER\46layoutType\75CLASSIC\46searchRoot\75http://yeahsoim.blogspot.com/search\46blogLocale\75en_US\46v\0752\46homepageUrl\75http://yeahsoim.blogspot.com/\46vt\75-8267092169211790173', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
About Me


Name::I-66
From::Fairfax County, Virginia, United States
Leaving you wanting more... despite not having given you anything in the first place.
View my complete profile

Go Here
I-66 Points Standings

   1) 19 - PRSlaveDC
   2) 9 - Mandy
   3) 3 - Eric

About Them

starring, in alphabetical order...

Captain, The - Former roommate and one of I-66's best friends. Initially began blogging push with DC Sports and eventually his own Through Irish Eyes.

Deep Cover - Former roommate and one of I-66's best friends. (Cover, Captain, and I-66 once shared a house). Recently left area to move to Austin, TX for... no apparent reason. Alive. Or so we believe.

House - Current roommate and one of I-66's best friends, also owner of I-66's current residence. Met many of you at initial Lucky Bar happy hour. Name indicative of stature.

TSD - Former dog of I-66. Has broken his tail twice and been shot at by semi-automatic weapons. Currently resides in PA. Will lick you without prompting, and two-pawed thrust you in the crotch if you're not paying attention.

sometimes mentioned, in no particular order...

Chick Magnet - Family dog, resides with I-66's mother. Acquired as puppy at the same time as TSD. Name indicative of function.

Roommate 1 - Self explanatory.

Roommate 2 - Ditto. Just moved in at beginning of Nov. 06.

Legalese
© 2006 I-66
All material on this site is owned by I-66 and may not be reproduced without consent

Monday, November 19, 2007

Have you not had apple pie either?

The scene: Friday night. House and I-66 are 1-2 in line at Starbucks. Behind them is a random girl. Around-20ish female barista is across the counter. House is up.
 
House: [to I-66] "I think I want the egg nog latte." [to Barista] "Is the egg nog latte sweet?"
I-66: [as if he's some sort of CoffeeNazi] "No!"
Barista: "I don't know. Is egg nog sweet? I've never had it."
I-66: "Wait, what?"
Barista: [to other barista] "Is the egg nog latte sweet?" (answer not heard because...)
I-66: "That's unamerican or something, isn't it?" [looks to Girl for confirmation]
Girl: [nods] "Shel-tered."
 
House orders the egg nog latte. I-66 is up, and now he feels like messing with the barista.
 
I-66: "I'll have a grande white mocha please."
Barista: [to other barista] "Can I call?"
Barista 2: "Go ahead."
Barista: "Grande white mocha."
I-66: [speaking low as if he doesn't want the other barista to hear] "Does she ever say no?"
Barista: [confused and somewhat taken aback] "Uhh... what?"
I-66: [a little louder] "Does she ever say no?"
Barista: [realizing what he's asking] "Oh! No, but I do sometimes. If we're busy and I'm not ready, sometimes I'll just tell hem 'No.'"
I-66: "Oh. What about when they want to put in coffee orders?"
[Barista looks utterly confused]
I-66: "Nevermind." [walks over to the 2nd counter to wait for his coffee]
House: "What are you doing?"
I-66: "Just being an ass."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

11 e-pinions:

Blogger Jo said...

When they say "Can I call?" Insted of saying no, the barista at the bar will say "write" and the barista at the register writes the order on the cup. Your barista was pretty slow, but things aren't quite what they used to be when I worked at the Bucks.

Mon Nov 19, 02:38:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

I can't see you having the patience to deal with coffee patrons on a regular basis.

Mon Nov 19, 02:40:00 PM  
Blogger WiB said...

I think you need a * on [realizing what he's asking], because no she didn't.

Mon Nov 19, 02:53:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

Yeah, I should have said she realized what I wanted her to realize.

Mon Nov 19, 02:54:00 PM  
Blogger SweetEscape said...

Never had egg nog. Right here.

Mon Nov 19, 08:25:00 PM  
Blogger Average Jane said...

I don't actually *like* eggnog, although I've never had the kind with alcohol. But I'm totally a Jew so that's ok. Right?

Tue Nov 20, 02:00:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

Sweet: And I had such high hopes for you...

AJ: I was surprised that she hadn't had it. Not liking it is not a crime. However, despite the fact that it often is associated with Christmas, there is no official holiday affiliation for the drink (see imbibation on Thanksgiving and New Years).

Tue Nov 20, 02:05:00 PM  
Anonymous startingtoday said...

This is all really confusing to me. I grew up in MA, where there is a Dunkin' Donuts on every corner, and when you order a coffee "regular", it already comes with cream and sugar in it.

All this foofy Starbucks talk has got me a little confused.

Tue Nov 20, 03:13:00 PM  
Blogger ByTheWayBetch said...

yeah, I've never had egg nog. not appetizing. although the spiked version has a certain allure.

way to f*ck with the barista, haha i wholeheartedly support it.

Tue Nov 20, 06:15:00 PM  
Blogger nutmeg96 said...

So, this one time? My eggnog latte totally turned solid on me. It was fine at first, and then I let it sit for about 15 minutes, and when I tried to drink this, all sorts of semi-solid curdles slid down to meet my mouth.

After I finished gagging, I complained online to Starbucks and they gave me two free drink coupons. But you know I didn't use them for eggnog lattes. Eggnog lattes are dead to me.

Tue Nov 20, 10:08:00 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Mmmm...I heart eggnog. Of course I heart anything that's a zillion calories and that you can add alcohol too so....

Thu Nov 22, 02:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home