<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/13898080?origin\x3dhttp://yeahsoim.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
About Me


Name::I-66
From::Fairfax County, Virginia, United States
Leaving you wanting more... despite not having given you anything in the first place.
View my complete profile

Go Here
I-66 Points Standings

   1) 19 - PRSlaveDC
   2) 9 - Mandy
   3) 3 - Eric

About Them

starring, in alphabetical order...

Captain, The - Former roommate and one of I-66's best friends. Initially began blogging push with DC Sports and eventually his own Through Irish Eyes.

Deep Cover - Former roommate and one of I-66's best friends. (Cover, Captain, and I-66 once shared a house). Recently left area to move to Austin, TX for... no apparent reason. Alive. Or so we believe.

House - Current roommate and one of I-66's best friends, also owner of I-66's current residence. Met many of you at initial Lucky Bar happy hour. Name indicative of stature.

TSD - Former dog of I-66. Has broken his tail twice and been shot at by semi-automatic weapons. Currently resides in PA. Will lick you without prompting, and two-pawed thrust you in the crotch if you're not paying attention.

sometimes mentioned, in no particular order...

Chick Magnet - Family dog, resides with I-66's mother. Acquired as puppy at the same time as TSD. Name indicative of function.

Roommate 1 - Self explanatory.

Roommate 2 - Ditto. Just moved in at beginning of Nov. 06.

Legalese
© 2006 I-66
All material on this site is owned by I-66 and may not be reproduced without consent

Friday, November 24, 2006

AHBC

As we enter the home stretch of 2006, we must acknowledge the beginning of another holiday season. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and we celebrate by gorging ourselves to the point that we need to take the next day off of work to recover. December brings us Christmas and the lighting of the tree, Hanukkah and the lighting of the menorah, and Kwanzaa and the... uh... and Kwanzaa.

December also brings us...




Yes, that's right folks. It's more than just a happy hour. In the tradition of 2005's Year-End Blog Bash, we will be doing superlatives again. I'm looking for some new ones to add to the bunch, so if any of you have any additional suggestions to those of last year, feel free to submit via e-mail or comment.

Last year Law-rah organized a fundraiser for Caravan4Christmas and raised $350. This year, with the help of HomeImprovementNinja, we'll be holding a 50/50 raffle, with half of the proceeds going to Manna, a local nonprofit whose official website welcome message reads thusly:
Since 1982 Manna has created and preserved over 800 units of affordable housing for low and moderate-income DC residents. In that time, our homeowners have accrued over $50 million in equity. And our financial literacy and homeowner training program has been replicated more than 200 times across the nation.
Read more here.

We'll be selling raffle tickets at $5 per ticket, and the winner will get the other half of the money raised. It is the season for giving, after all.

We'll be congregating in the "lab" area on the first floor of the bar in the back by the DJ booth (note: not the basement). I hope to see you there.

Labels:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

18 e-pinions:

Blogger KassyK said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My birthday is that Sunday and this is the perfect opportunity for me to celebrate!!!!!!!!!

Who's buying me shots? Skipper here?

Wed Nov 22, 04:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doh! I hate to miss it AGAIN!!!!

Wed Nov 22, 05:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great plan. See you there!

Wed Nov 22, 05:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I66y, Kawanzaa has candles, too! Big fat ones (not little ones like my people use during the festival of lights)... I don't know why I felt the need to post this ;).. maybe I want you to know I am reading your blog, yo!

Wed Nov 22, 09:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And, in the holiday spirit I threw an extra "a" in Kwanzaa. DOH.

Wed Nov 22, 09:13:00 PM  
Blogger E :) said...

I wish I could be there, but no. Not this month :(

Wed Nov 22, 10:30:00 PM  
Blogger Asian Mistress said...

I will try to make it this time...since only a year ago I hosted it haha - this year has flown by!!!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 22, 10:48:00 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

Smart move planning it early in the month. I've found any party scheduled after that first week is in trouble with conflicting engagements.

Fri Nov 24, 09:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I missed the last one, but I'm going to do my best to go to this one (which will be my first). :)

Just look for the guy in the black kangol and goatee. You can't miss me. ;)

Tex

Sat Nov 25, 05:29:00 AM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

I will be there with bells on. Inspired by your "The Ice Storm"esque photo selection, I'm wondering: are all the blogger keys going in a bowl? smirk.

Mon Nov 27, 04:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, and a umm... Kickass Kwanzaa?

Wish I could join you for the bash, but I'll be in Australia. Aww... :)

Mon Nov 27, 05:41:00 AM  
Blogger EJ Takes Life said...

Crap, have to miss this one. Please don't give me a lame superlative just b/c I can't be in attendance!

Mon Nov 27, 03:48:00 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Sorry, my dear, but my firm's Christmas party (at the Ritz!) is the same night. Next time!

Mon Nov 27, 03:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as long as i can retain my crown as best blogger boobies....

Wed Nov 29, 02:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MY wife is taking me out for my birthday that night... I'll have to miss.

Damn!

Tue Dec 05, 02:13:00 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Can you have a 'most mustachioed blog', so we can rig at least one category we would win?

Tue Dec 05, 08:25:00 PM  
Blogger Freckled K said...

I don't know, VP. I may have to challenge you for the crown :)

Wed Dec 06, 06:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why should this time be any different, right? I can't make it. I have a going-away dinner that night and then only a week and a half until I move. Oh well. I hope you all have a good time, have a drink for me!

Thu Dec 07, 03:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home